CRUISING WITH SEADREAM YACHT CLUB
SeaDream Yacht Club is a family owned company, conceived by Norwegian entrepreneur Atle Brynestad: Founder, Owner, Chairman and CEO. Robert W. Lepisto, President, has been part of the original SeaDream team since its inception in September 2001. "It's yachting, not cruising", defines SeaDream's mission, providing a casual yachting experience that will exceed guests' expectations is their pleasure. With only a maximum of 112 guests and an award-winning crew of 95, SeaDream Yacht Club provides a true yachting experience.
Cruising on one of SeaDream's mega-yachts is as if you were cruising aboard your own personal yacht. SeaDream's guests can be as active or as laid back as they wish while experiencing what guests believe to be the best service at sea. All elegantly appointed staterooms are ocean view. SeaDream fares are inclusive and the 5-star cuisine can be enjoyed in the well appointed Dining Salon or on deck Al Fresco.
The twin luxury mega-yachts: SeaDream I and SeaDream II visit the intimate yachting playgrounds, harbours and ports where large cruise ships cannot go. During April – November SeaDream I and SeaDream II sail in Europe and November – April, they sail in the Caribbean. In true yachting fashion SeaDream's specially designed yachting itineraries also feature overnight stays in port so guests can experience the night life of some of the most famous yachting ports in the world.
Since its founding in September 2001, SeaDream Yacht Club has been recognized by the leading travel publications and organizations as "The World's Best"
SEADREAM YACHT CLUB LIFE ONBOARD
SeaDream's Champagne & Caviar Splash Onboard SeaDream Yacht Club Ships
SeaDream's Champagne and Caviar Splash™ is a true yachting celebration. It is accompanied by a special barbecue served on china and enjoyed on a white sandy beach, it is a wonderful blend of the complete yachting experience in one deliciously decadent bite. SeaDream's Champagne and Caviar Splash™ is a toast to crew and guest alike, that they will meet here again. On voyages where it is not possible to host the Champagne and Caviar Splash ashore, they celebrate on-board on the Pool Deck along with specially prepared surprise treats from the Chef.
Fitness Centre Onboard SeaDream Yacht Club Ships
Located on Deck 4 forward, the Fitness Centre features wide ocean views, 4 treadmills, 1 elliptical machine, 2 recumbent bikes, and free weights all with flat screen TVs and DVD players. Cool towels and refrigerated bottled water are available. The Fitness Centre is open daily from 7.00am to 8.00pm. Guests may arrange for times outside of these hours upon request.
SeaDream Spa Onboard SeaDream Yacht Club Ships
A rejuvenating experience awaits you at the SeaDream Spa. Discover the ultimate in Thai therapies and behold the secrets and luxury of their time honoured spa treatments. Achieve pure bliss and tranquility in a sanctuary for you to relax, unwind, recharge and rejuvenate.
The SeaDream Spa is Thai certified and the only one of its kind at sea. Choose from an extensive range of spa favourites such as our Asian Blend massage, Javanese Lulur body treatment and Traditional Thai Massage.
The SeaDream Spa provides eight massage therapists to ensure that all of your spa needs are being indulged as well as sauna and steam rooms for your use. You may enjoy some of the treatments on deck in the open air private massage area, cooled by gentle sea breezes (weather permitting). Yoga and Tai Chi sessions are also offered daily on deck or shore side when possible. The Spa is open daily from 8.00am to 8.00pm and they also arrange treatments outside of these hours upon request.
SeaDream Marina Onboard SeaDream Yacht Club Ships
What would yachting be without the proper toys. Aboard SeaDream, you get to play with the water toys from the yacht's marina. Each yacht features a large retractable water sports Marina providing a variety of water sports activities including kayaking, a Zodiac for water skiing, a banana boat, tubing, boarding, wave running, snorkelling, Sunfish sailing, swimming, a floating island and the assistance of the yacht's Marina staff.
The Marina also has personal watercraft (PWC). The use of "Personal Watercraft" is subject to local and national rules and regulations. In many jurisdictions, personal watercraft use is either unlawful or subject to licensing. SeaDream will continue to use them where legal and authorized by local and national regulations.
Entertainment Onboard SeaDream Yacht Club
The definition for entertainment automatically becomes a very personal one when aboard a mega yacht. Guests may request their favourite tune at the intimate Piano Bar, dance in the Main Salon or view the Starlit Movies on the aft pool deck. Sharing stories with new found friends while enjoying a fine cigar and an after dinner cognac accompanied by the sounds of a classical guitar at the Top of The Yacht Bar is unforgettable. Try your luck in the Casino, open when local laws permits. There are CDs and DVDs available for use in the staterooms and iPods loaded with a large selection of music if all a guest wants to do is kick back and relax.
The Top of The Yacht Bar Onboard SeaDream Yacht Club Ships
This specially designed Bar is on Deck 6 and a great place to gather and take advantage of the 360 degree views and breezes. This is just the place to enjoy an after dinner (or any time for that matter) cigar and drink.
Casino Onboard SeaDream Yacht Club Ships
You may not be James Bond but you can certainly practice your moves at the Black Jack tables. Enjoy an after dinner drink from the Piano Bar located just steps from the Casino. Much like Mr. Bond, you may feel like you are yachting with lady luck.
Starlit Movies Onboard SeaDream Yacht Club Ships
They have taken dinner and a movie a luxurious step further. On clear nights you may retire to the pool deck after dinner to enjoy a concert or movie with a starry sky and your port of call as the backdrop. Popcorn and a drink of choice are available at your request. On evenings when the weather is not perfect, the event is hosted in the Main Salon.
Piano Bar Onboard SeaDream Yacht Club Ships
A relaxed lounge area where one may enjoy an after dinner cocktail and request a favourite tune from the piano player.
Live Guitar Onboard SeaDream Yacht Club Ships
Whether just as a background as guests sit down to dinner or for enjoying those "Special Requests" at the Top Of The Yacht Bar, the sounds of a live guitar as it mingles with the ocean breeze is something guests do not soon forget.
SEADREAM YACHT CLUB DINING OPTIONS
5-Star Cruise Cuisine Onboard Seadream Yacht Club Ships
Dining aboard SeaDream is a culinary adventure for the senses. Whether dining in the elegantly appointed Dining Salon or Al Fresco, all guests enjoy open seating dining and award-winning service. The menus offer a wide variety of international and regional dishes. Featuring "Cuisine A La Minute", where each dish is prepared fresh and to order. The Chefs also include a Vegetarian Menu along with a Spa Menu featuring choices for the calorie conscious. There are also the exclusive SeaDream Specialty dishes, created by the SeaDream Chefs whose ultimate pleasure is to delight your palette.
Breakfast and lunch are served at the Topside Restaurant, a yacht casual, open area that features the day's Menu as well as a wide variety of foods from the freshly prepared buffet. The early riser may welcome the day in the Top of the Yacht with freshly brewed coffee, tea, juice and just out of the oven pastries and croissants.
For those small cravings, there are always freshly prepared sandwiches by the Pool Bar and at the Top of the Yacht Bar and afternoon sweets at the Topside Restaurant buffet. "Small Bites" the 24-hour Menu offers healthy selections and light fare.
In a romantic mood... there are intimate dining alcoves available just for two. SeaDream's Sommeliers serve complimentary wines at lunch and dinner. You may also select wines from The SeaDream Wine Cellar menu, offering a wide variety of both Old and New World wines.
SEADREAM YACHT CLUB LOYALTY CLUB
SeaDream Yacht Club recognizes their most valued and loyal guests by offering a Club program with special benefits. SeaDream is a small family owned company where each employee and guest is known by name. Once you've sailed with them, you too will become part of the family. The crew onboard each yacht welcomes you back as if you are returning home. They thank you for sailing with them and look forward to seeing you back aboard soon.
The goal is to provide Club members with a series of value-added opportunities; not to undermine the pricing integrity of the SeaDream product by simply offering endless discounts. Among the Club benefits are:
- Advance Notice of New Itineraries They generally enclose advance release of new itineraries within a newsletter mailing allowing club members the opportunity to reserve first, ahead of the general population through Planet Cruise. This information may also be conveyed via email notification.
- President's Voyages Join SeaDream Yacht Club's President, Bob Lepisto.
- Club Voyages SeaDream gives Club Members added opportunities to save. Club Members enjoy a savings of $500 per stateroom on selected sailings.
- Special Perk for Bringing New-to-SeaDream Guests A reward for you and your new-to-SeaDream guests. Simply bring new-to-SeaDream guests on a voyage with you in a separate stateroom and each stateroom will receive $100 USD (€65 EURO) off.
- Priority Waitlist on Sold-Out Voyages The intimate size of SDI & SDII allows for voyages to sell out rather easily & quickly in some cases. Club members are priority when waitlisted. All waitlist reservations require a fully refundable waitlist fee of $500 per booking.
- The Club Letter (The SeaDreamer) The newsletter is mailed to Club members worldwide three times per year; February, May & November.
- 5% to 15% Savings for Past Guests Booking a Future Voyage While Onboard While you are aboard you may reserve a future voyage and save an additional 5% to 15% off. This allows you to get the best fare possible and select your voyage & stateroom of choice. We, at Planet Cruise will be notified of your onboard reservation. A 25% deposit is required while aboard. The Club & Activities Director aboard either of the yachts is available for assistance.
- Onboard Club Member Cocktail Party You are invited to a special cocktail party hosted by the Captain and Chief Officers. Enjoy sumptuous canapés and Champagne while getting acquainted with your Captain.
- Special Savings Vouchers provided upon arrival. Once you are a Club member, for every future reservation you make, you'll receive 15% onboard savings vouchers. Each Club member receives one voucher for use towards onboard Wine Cellar purchases and one voucher for use at the onboard Spa. These will be in your stateroom upon embarkation.
- From time to time they also surprise Club members with other perks, gifts and amenities. For example, they may offer special additional savings on certain voyages and that will be promoted either in the newsletter or onboard.
- BLU magazine SeaDream's glossy, full-colour magazine called BLU is a bi-annual publication mailed to Club Members homes. Each issue has intelligent, stylish, yet personal editorial content — outstanding photography, and innovative, informative articles focusing on the products, services and experiences that SeaDream guests hold in high regard. Enjoy articles on travel, cuisine, health and beauty, accessories, art, interiors, sport, entertainment and, of course, the elegant mega-yacht cruisers SeaDream I and II.
SEADREAM YACHT CLUB SPECIAL OCCASIONS
Yachting features an open and unstructured ambience that provides each guest the opportunity to enjoy it at their own pace and in their own style. The key word for the SeaDream yachting experience is "unstructured". It is all about personal choice, a free form holiday in which guests feel that they are aboard their own yacht.
As SeaDream are about yachting, not cruising, guests can celebrate their special occasions to their own tastes but the company do not provide specific occasion packages. However, you can be assured that any holiday with SeaDream will be a dream come true.
SEADREAM YACHT CLUB TIPS & GRATUITIES
Service is a passion aboard SeaDream yachts. Authoritative guides and travel publications acknowledge Sea Dream's quality service by giving the highest ratings. The service onboard may be characterized as being in the European style and the International service staff are meticulous in the service they provide each individual guest. Guests aboard the yachts do not have to carry cash or sign tabs.
Tipping is included in the fare and not expected.
SEADREAM YACHT CHILDREN
Family Cruising with Older Children Onboard SeaDream Yacht Club
SeaDream Yacht Club is excellent for couples and friends as well as families with mature, well travelled, children ages 13 and older. Adults with children younger than 13 years of age should carefully consider SeaDream Yacht Club as an option. Children age 1 or younger are not allowed passage. They do not have formal children's programs or baby sitting services available on the yacht. In some cases; the children's nanny or au pair travelling with the family is an ideal solution. When families are on board parents are expected to manage the behaviour of their children to ensure that the enjoyment of other guests is in no manner compromised. Guest satisfaction is very important to SeaDream. The onboard crew has been instructed to immediately inform parents about unacceptable behaviour of our younger guests! SeaDream follows local laws as it relates to drinking age and this varies from 18 to 21 years of age.
Families who elect to charter the vessel may set up children's programs and other children's services not normally available on regular voyages.